Saturday, July 14, 2007

Run away

Today is the day I’m running away.
I’m sick of the rules, I just want to play
I’ll just need a few toys, and I’ll sure need my Teddy
Just a couple more things and then I’ll be ready.

I’ll need lots of good books for when I get bored
I’ll take my hamster, ‘cuz he can’t be ignored.
I’ll need my big pillow for when I get tired
Of course my toothbrush will be required

I’ll take plenty of food for plenty of eating
And I’ll take the stove in case something needs heating
Hmmm. But wait. I can’t really cook.
So I’ll take my mom and a recipe book.

I’ll need a bat and a ball to be thrown.
And I’ll need my brother, ‘cuz I can’t play alone
I’ll also need my tackle box and my fishing pole,
And my dad, to take me to the fishing hole.

If it rains out there I’ll just get doused
So for shelter I'll just take the whole house
O.K. I’m ready. I’m going on my way
But it’s heavy, all of this, so I might as well stay.

No comments:

Google