Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Attention

Excuse me, Owners? Please listen up
I know I’m just a dog. Just a hound. Just a pup.
But for two days, you left me here all alone
Ran as fast as you could right out of our home.
Didn’t you worry about giving me kibble?
(The neighbors came over just to give me a nibble.)
No one walked me around the block.
I didn’t play with a ball or a rolled up sock.
And even now, it’s like I don’t exist.
Was I long forgotten, and then not even missed?
And what’s that there that you’ve got in the blanket?
Is it a big roast beef from a three-day-long banquet?
No? What is it? C’mon, let me see.
What’s causing no one to pay attention to me?
Oh no! It can’t be! It’s another one of those!
With ten little fingers and ten tiny toes.
I could have been starving. I could’ve gotten rabies.
You were out getting another one of those silly babies.

No comments:

Google