Monday, July 16, 2007

'sponsible

My room is dirty.
And I don’t care.
My teeth aren’t brushed.
Neither is my hair.
My room is in shambles
My chores aren’t done.
I’d rather watch TV
Or go have some fun
Who really cares,
‘cept little old me?
If I just hang around
And do what I please?
Someone else will do it
‘Cause they always do
In fact my whole life
could be completely up to you
I’ll just sit and watch
And play with joy
As you scurry around
To clean up my toys.

Well, it’s thirty years later
And I’m sad to report
That my plans didn’t work
In fact they fell well short
Well they worked for a time
Yeah, it was fun for awhile
Until you got tired
Of cleaning my piles
So here I sit,
As still as a stone
Never learned to do a thing
And now I’m alone.
But I’ve learned one thing
And I learned it real good.
If you don’t take care of yourself
Then no one else should.

No comments:

Google