Saturday, April 12, 2008

Purpose full

“What is my purpose?”
Asked the bee to the man

“To protect the queen, gather pollen
And help your whole clan”



“What is my purpose?”
Asked the duck to the man

“To raise ducklings, fly south
And then fly north again”


“What is my purpose?”
Asked the squirrel to the man

“To help your young, plant trees
burying all the nuts you can”


“Hmmmm. What is YOUR purpose?”
Asked the squirrel right back

“Hmmm, that’s complicated
Said the man, matter of fact.


“I don’t understand” said the squirrel
With a look of confusion
“Seems like you humans
Live a life of illusion”

“For you it’s no different
You’ve just made it that way
You’ve made it complicated
Which has led you astray”

“Your purpose is simple
From God’s creature to another
It’s to be a good person
And take care of each other.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this one. Very simple, yet quite deep. Nice work!

Google