Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Off

Hello, TV. I’d like to have a word or three
So don’t be mad or defiant.
We just need to talk, man to man.
Er.. I mean… boy to appliance.

Today I went outside
And it was quite a wonder
There was sunshine and clouds
There was lightning and thunder

There were birds chirping
And people running
Kids laughing and playing
And screaming and funning.

It was a world I’ve never seen
And I quite rather liked it
So I grabbed a bicycle
And I hopped on and biked it

I felt a breeze on my face
I felt life and vigor
It was better than TV
And the screen was a lot bigger.

TV, don’t be sad
Here’s a kiss. Here’s a hug.
See, the world is so much brighter
When you are unplugged.

I know you’ll complain
I know that you’ll scoff
You’ve been on for years
Now it’s time to turn you
off.

Technorati Profile

No comments:

Google