Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Grunter

I never, never, ever speak.
I’m two years old and zip, zero. Not a peep.
I could say “momma” but I think I’ll say “uhhh”
I could say “pappa” but I’ll just go with “tuhh”
I could ask for things, but I think I’ll just growl.
I could even say the alphabet, all the consonants, and the vowels.
But if I started to talk, they might treat me like a kid
Then they’d ask me questions about what I know or what I did.
So I’ll keep my trap shut for a good long while.
I’ll just point and grunt, and inside I’ll smile.

But wait - maybe today I’ll give them just a flavor.
Something to think about, and something to savor.
*Ahem* “Interplanetary”, I declare loud and clear.
“Did you hear that?” “I think he said…”
Hee-hee-hee. They’ll just have to wait another year.

No comments:

Google